8 Steps to Help You Prepare for the Future of Work (FOW Jobs)
Future of work (FOW) isn’t coming; it’s already here. Companies around the world are replacing traditional, rigid job descriptions and the “9-5” grind with ever-fluid, flexible, and on-demand job experiences. The future of work is THE present, and it’s changing how the world works!
Being prepared for the new reality is essential for both employers and employees – and that’s why we’ve put together the following list of things you can do right now to get a head start on preparing to work in the FOW:
For the Job Seeker:
- Make sure your skills are up to date. FOW jobs are in high demand, so your resume needs to be up-to-date with the latest technologies and industry concepts. Consider taking continuing education classes or signing up for various online courses for something that interests you.
- Update your portfolio. The best resumes include examples of projects you’ve completed and work you’ve done. Make sure your portfolio is updated with your latest projects and skills.
- Start networking. Never underestimate the power of great networking. Make sure you’re connected with the right people and organizations who can point you in the right direction for FOW jobs.
- Be flexible. FOW jobs may not fit into the traditional, 9-5 workweek. Make sure you’re open to different work hours and arrangements that may come with different FOW jobs.
- Be tech-savvy. FOW jobs are highly technical, so you need to make sure you’re up-to-date on the latest software and technologies. Make sure to brush up on your coding and IT skills.
- Keep an eye out for freelance opportunities. Freelancing is a great way to get your foot in the door of the FOW. Keep an eye out for freelance projects and gigs that involve FOW technologies.
- Learn to manage your time. Time management is key when it comes to FOW jobs. Make sure you learn how to budget your time so you can still keep up with your deadlines.
- Be open to change. FOW jobs are dynamic, so be open to changes and new ideas. Embrace the challenge of learning new skills and being adaptive to the ever-changing FOW.
For the Employer:
- Look for tech-fluent candidates. FOW jobs involve lots of technical skills, so you’ll want to make sure your new hire is up-to-date on the latest technologies and tools.
- Be willing to pay for competitive salaries. FOW jobs require special skills and a whole lot of knowledge, so you’ll need to make sure you’re offering a competitive salary.
- Be ready to train. You may have to train your new hires on the tools and technologies they’ll be using on the job. Make sure you’re up to the task of providing the right resources and training materials for your new hires.
- Provide flexible work arrangements. FOW jobs often involve working off-site or from different locations. Make sure you’re willing to provide flexible arrangements that caters to your new hires’ needs.
- Prioritize collaboration and teamwork. FOW jobs rely heavily on collaboration and teamwork. Make sure your new hires are comfortable working with others and able to complete tasks as a team.
- Include opportunities for growth. FOW jobs are great opportunities for employees to learn and grow. Make sure you provide ample opportunities for your new hires to grow and learn on the job.
Are you ready for the future of work? If you’re an employer looking for FOW talent, or a job seeker in search of a great FOW job, then our partner Fiverr has got you covered. With its large platform of freelancers and FOW jobs, you’ll be sure to find the perfect match. Whether you’re looking for a job or hiring talent, Fiverr sets the bar high when it comes to the future of work.
So what are you waiting for? Start preparing for the future of work today. Invest in your skills, network with the right people, stay up to date on the latest technologies and tools, and be open to flexible working arrangements. With a bit of hard work and strategizing, you’ll be ready for the future of work in no time.